Rage Against The Machine - Renegades


A different RATM release in that all the tracks are covers of the groups favorite songs. There are four variations on the cover as some are green and black as well as blue and black with the colors inverted. the first pressing of Renegades contains two live Hidden tracks, 'How I Could Just Kill A Man' (feat Cypress Hill) and 'Kick Out the Jams'. There was also a limited edition pressing that contained two different Bonus tracks which were live versions of "No Shelter' and 'People of the Sun'. Also, this is not that interesting but on the Back cover of the Australian version the Hidden tracks are listed where as on the US version they are not.

The album artwork includes a poem by Josh Koppel:

I write messages on money.
It's my own form of social protest.
A letter printed on paper that no one will destroy
passed indiscriminately across race, class and gender lines
and written in the blood that keeps the beast alive.
A quiet little hijacking
on the way to the check-out counter
And a federal crime.
I hope that someone will find my message one day when they really need it.
Like I do.

mediafire | rapidsuck

No comments: