The Color Fred - Bend To Break


The Color Fred is the side project of former Taking Back Sunday guitarist and backup singer Fred Mascherino. With this release, it is clear that Macherino played a major role in the writing of Taking Back Sunday's material, as his side project shares many similarities. The biggest differences are a more acoustic sound, and the predominance of Fred's voice (whereas he provided backing vocals in TBS). The album focuses a fair bit on the turmoil caused by Mascherino's retraction from TBS. His lyrics are honest and personal. Here's an excerpt from track 5, 'Hate To See You Go':

Many are the hours I lie awake
Trash the room in vain
Try to waste the energy I never spend on you
Lying on this bed, never touch, not right now
If I'm over this by morning
That's a future I can't see

Well I'm gonna hate to see you go
But I've been impossible, I know
Yeah I'm gonna hate to see you go
But I know you're just waiting
The Color Fred will be supporting Angels & Airwaves on their 2008 tour. Other supporting acts on the tour include Meg & Dia, and Ace Enders.

massmirror | mediafire

No comments: