Underoath - Define The Great Line

Underoath

Very rarely does a monumental record find itself matched with the promise of commercial success. But the strength, intensity, and explosive lure of Underoath's follow up to its 2004 breakthrough "They're Only Chasing Safety" is undeniable.
Crafted with the help of producer Matt Goldman, and Killswitch Engage guitarist Adam Dutkiewicz, this album was destined for greatness from the very beginning. The 6 members of Underoath were all pushed to new heights in the recording studio. The veterans were challenged to use E-bows, orchestral bows, and experimental effects pedals. The resulting "Define The Great Line" is a mind-blowing song-cycle infused with spiritual power that resets the notion of what heavy music can be.

And if it's that spiritualness that sets Underoath's fierce, foot-stomping metallic drive (see Returning Empty Handed) apart from its peers, perhaps guitarist Tim McTague puts it best when he talks about the real rewards of being in one of the biggest genre-bending bands today.
"For me, the kids that we meet at shows who come up to us and tell us, 'I was going to kill myself and then I heard this song of yours that changed my life around spiritually.' Or even the one who said, 'I had no one to turn to when my parents divorced, but your record got me through it.' That's what it's all about for me."
download it (mediafire). buy it (iTunes).